Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 large, uncooked, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 2-12 oz jars Amalia’s Cocina Enchilada Sauce
- 1-32 ounce box chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Sour cream (optional)
On medium heat add 3 tablespoons cooking oil to large stock pot. Add diced onions and sauté until slightly translucent. Add diced chicken. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add bell pepper, Amalia’s Cocina Enchilada Sauce, and chicken broth, stir well. Bring up to boil and reduce heat to medium, add cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts and soup thickens.
Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on bottom of soup bowl. Pour soup into bowl and add dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.